Search This Blog

Thursday, July 5, 2012

FOURTH, FAMILY, FUN & FOOD

I start my 4th of July blog with a GIGANTIC THANK YOU to those who serve in our military so that we can celebrate another happy 4th!

Today we had both sets of parents over for a late lunch/construciton/bike ride party :)

Mom and dad came up around 10:00. Mom and I went for a bike ride while dad hung out here with Lee and his dad.

for a late lunch we had
(see the next few posts for the recipes of the dishes listed in this post)

Meat:
Seasoned Sirloin Patties from our local meat locker- DELISH!!!
Smoked Brats


Fixings:
Flat Buns
Regular Buns
Brat Buns
Lettuce From the Garden
Onions
Cheese; Gouda, Mozzarella, Colby Jack
Mustard
Ketchup


Sides:
Pasta Salad from my mommma
Watermelon
Deviled Eggs
Best Roasted Red Potatoes (recipe from my earlier posts)
Chips
Carrots


Desserts:
Cheese Cake Stuffed Strawberries (see older blog post for recipe)
coolwhip pie(will post a recipe later)
Lees moms bars- I have no idea what they were - sorry


Some fun things I used today

An apron to decorate the front of the oven that my grandma used when she was a school lunch lady


tea towels to cover up the stove to so we could use it as a serving surface and not scratch it

white plates with dry erase markers so people knew what was in front of them (yes I tried it on the bottom of them before I wrote all over the top :)  )

the silver ware holder was one of the flower holders from our wedding

I had to use a table cloth on our AMAZING table and bench that Lee and his Dad made(we ordered and stained the chairs) so that nothing scratched it (I will post pictures of the table in full later)

we took a cooler of drinks and kettle corn and twizzlers to the fire works at our local golf course where we met the rest of Lees family that we watch these with every year.


OVER ALL WE HAD AN AMAZING DAY WITH FAMILY, FUN & YUMMY FOOD

celebrate on!

No comments:

Post a Comment