Search This Blog

Friday, June 8, 2012

TREASURE, JUNK, OR RUSTY GOLD

Auctions auctions auctions- ooo how I love auctions- this started as a fun thing to do and people watch, now we (mostly I) like to go to get things for the house. Usually its stuff I love and Lee calls JUNK-that's ok I like my junk- it always has a story and some history we will never know but we will always be able to add our own history to it and pass it down or sell it to someone to make their own history to it.

there are at least 30 things in our house that are amazing that we have gotten from auctions- my sister says i get a very serious look when I'm bidding- heck yes I do I want that thing what ever it may be - a rusty license plate from the 20's in Iowa, a large mail floor scale in amazing condition, or a wooden box that says HONEY on it that now holds our laundry stuff :)

One of my favorite pieces I got at an auction is a vase that we used at the wedding- its a pale sea foam green and I found out that its worth like 75 bucks- I bought it in a box of miscellaneous stuff for maybe 5 dollars- HELLO AWESOME! It's that history of being in a wedding or at a farm house picnic table that thevase has seen that adds so much fun to finding these treasures and the adventure of bidding for items.


Some auctions i go just to watch people- yes I'm very guilty of people watching and thinking wow they are taking that shit home- (I'm sure they think that when i buy stuff too :)  ) then the thought of -someone some day is going to have to clean this shit from my house and sell it like this- comes through my mind and I stop buying so much, for a little while any ways.

I am planning on going to an auction at the end of June hoping to get some things i can re-do and sell, something to keep me busy in July while Lee is playing construction worker on the house.

I will post pictures of the buys and the progress later-until then

bid on!

No comments:

Post a Comment