Search This Blog

Thursday, June 7, 2012

I DO

Well the chaos of planning a wedding hit full force spring of 2011-Mom, sister, a friend and I went to a local bridal fair- holy wow-never again never again- (any of you that know me I don't like a large amount of people, not to mention WOMEN WHO ARE PLANNING A WEDDING + vendors gag) so we took the fastest track through that place possible! I think we were able to book a DJ and a party bus in 20 minutes- HELLO wonderful !


As things fell into place we thought everything was going toooooo smoothly- and well it was. Lee and I ( well I) had fallen in love with a location and booked it. IT CLOSED 3 MONTHS BEFORE THE WEDDING- and I found out it closed from the local news website- are you kidding me- PANIC BUTTON fully engaged at this point- so we were able to book another site and get all our money back plus some for the postage and the amount of money we had to spend on re-ordering invitations and maps-yes we had to re-order invites and maps-BOOOOOOOOO- but in the end everything was perfect!








Dress time-Only had to try on 4 until I found the dress of my dreams, not to mention it was in our price range YAY-and the veil was free-even better. The dress came in on time, was loose :) and the perfect color. how could anything go wrong from here. Wellllllll- the veil got sold- i called the store and kept hounding them about where my veil and barrette were, well I had later found out that they ordered my veil, got it in and then sold it to someone else and decided to not tell me or order another one- holy cow why would you do that. The store corrected themselves and got us a new one and took care of that-nedless to say I wouldn't do business with that store again because of the disorganizaiton and lying.


I took the week off before the wedding to go home (where the wedding was being held) and make sure things were in line and to relax. We had planned on decorating the church on that Thursday so that Friday we wouldn't have to do anything but get the rehearsal dinner ready- God always has other plans to keep us on our toes- there ended up being a funeral Friday morning at the church so we couldn't decorate until Friday night during the rehearsal-not usually a big deal, but we had to un-christmas it quite a bit-thank goodness the church ladies decorated in white and gold that year and we could use the white.


Saturday 12-10-11 came around and I'm not sure I slept at all the night before and I was up so early, bursting with excitement, anxiety and ants in my pants! Our day went off without a hitch (that I was away of :) I found out later there were a few hiccups ) The ladies met up to get our hair done by Flo-gotta love that crazy gal! She did an amazing job!
                             Sister, Bridesmaid and Me
Meanwhile the boys were getting ready in Lee's hotel room-gotta love these silly guys!
                                 Lee, his Dad and Best Man Jackson


The time had come to go to the church and get ready- we all piled into one Sunday School room and had fun laughing and putting on make-up- The excitement was building inside me to see Lee at the end of the aisle. I started crying the minute i walked into the chapel- The smile on his face was priceless!
we finished up pictures and got ready for the real thing to take place- warmly surrounded by family and friends on that December day we took each others hands and became one family- We couldn't be more thankful for both of the sides of the church being filled with so much love and support for our marriage-here are some more pictures from the rest of the night.
 HE PUT A RING ON IT
 END OF THE NIGHT IN THE PHOTO BOOTH
 HUSBAND AND WIFE OFFICIALLY






 CAKE CUTTING-WE HAD AN AMAZING CAKE
FIRST DANCE-LAUGHING HARD AS ALWAYS


It was an amazing,exhausting and perfect week full of wedding happenings-We would do that day over again any time-there is no feeling like knowing we get to spend the rest of our lives laughing, crying and seeing what each day brings TOGETHER!
Thank you to all who made our day possible!




(we made all the decorations ourselves so I will post those in the craft page when I get that going-with directions)
**our photos were taken by AO Photography, reception site- Elks Lodge, Cake- Cakes by Isabel, Hair- Studio Image, Tux-Milroy's Tuxedo**

No comments:

Post a Comment